Welcome to the LibrarySparks Archives
Our Past resources will help you:
- Motivate Students to read
- Integrate literature across all curriculum areas
- Teach library skills with fresh, new lessons
- Promote the library with ready-to-use programs
LibrarySparks Magazine is an indispensable resource bursting with fun and engaging programming ideas for today’s elementary school and children’s librarian. The pages of the magazine are brimming with practical, ready-to-use lessons and activities that are written by readers just like you. In addition, each issue centers on a theme to help keep your programming fresh and inspired.
In Each Great Issue You’ll Find:
- So Many Books … So Little Time: The news on children’s books from the experts at the Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC).
- Library Lessons: Ready-made lessons, games and activities that teach and reinforce library skills.
- Curriculum Connections: Hands-on articles about integrating quality literature with the curriculum using annotated bibliographies, games, activities, discussion ideas and more.
- Meet the Author or Illustrator: Conversations with the best children’s authors and illustrators.
- Storytime: Lively fingerplays or storytelling activities.
- Book Activities: Reader’s theater scripts and book club ideas that will inspire your students.
- Keep ’em Reading: Reading skills and activities that encourage reading.
- Freebies, Doodads and Helpful Hints: A catchall of reader ideas, free stuff, product tips, helpful Web sites and much more.
- Monthly Activity Calendar: A colorful, pullout calendar with instant activities and events that will liven up every day of the month.