Children’s author, Andrea Beaty, lives in the Chicago area where she spends her days imagining a little of this and a little of that and a whole bunch of the other thing. From time to time, her imaginings find their way into books. Her first book, When Giants Come to Play, was illustrated by Kevin Hawkes. Her second book, Iggy Peck, Architect, was illustrated by David Roberts. Others include Doctor Ted and Firefighter Ted, both illustrated by Pascal LeMaitre, and a mid-grade novel titled Cicada Summer.
- Keep ‘Em Reading—Going Green with Ida B.
Book club ideas and activities for Ida B: And Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster and (Possibly) Save the World.
- Keep ‘Em Reading—Tombstone Learning: Using Cemeteries as Instructional Tools
Although cemeteries are not traditionally used as educational tools, they can serve as excellent learning laboratories for students of all ages.
- Freebies: Talk Like a Pirate Day
“Talk Like a Pirate” Storytime from Rob Reid, first published in the August/September 2007 issue of LibrarySparks magazine.
- Technology: Podcasting
Steps for creating a podcast.
- Curriculum Connections: School Stories Here, There, & Everywhere!
Reproducible necktie pattern page.
- Storytime: A Bunch of Boxes
Making a “Letter of the Day” Box and story prop and craft patterns and instructions.
- Library Lessons: A Pair of School Stories
Reproducible visuals and activity worksheets.