Meet Anastasia Suen
Anastasia Suen, author of ninety-eight books, wrote her first picture book when she was eleven years old. She wrote in junior high, high school, college, and as an elementary school teacher. After writing for kids for twenty-nine years, Anastasia sold her first book on her fortieth birthday. Six weeks later, she sold her second book, and six weeks after that she sold her third book: Man on the Moon. Today, Anastasia works as an editorial consultant for several publishers and teaches adults how to write for kids in her online workshops, at Southern Methodist University and Staff Development for Educators.
- Meet the Author: Joanna Cole
Hear Joanna Cole read The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System.
- A Tribute to Dr. Seuss
Read about a retired teacher’s correspondence with the good doctor.
- In the Spotlight: When Is a Planet Not a Planet?
Lessons and activities for sharing this timely book with students.
- A Bibliography of Wartime Picture Books
An annotated list of picture books that graphically and poetically tell children about war.
- Freebies, Doodads, & Helpful Hints: Eat Up Reading
A state-by-state listing of International Edible Book Day events.
- Curriculum Connections: Happy 50th Birthday, NASA!
Constellation Projector instructions, Inventor’s Log, and Intelligent Life Survey.
- Library Lessons: Puppets for All Purposes
Patterns for Stick Puppets, Paper Bag Puppets, and Overhead Puppets.
- Storytime: Blast Off to Books!
Patterns for the sun, the planets, the rocket, the Mr. Moon Swivel prop, and the R-O-C-K-E-T letters.
- March Activity Calendar: Bibliography
A list of books referenced in this month’s calendar.